Welcome to Back to School Night!
- School starts at 8:02
- Absence notes
- Important for child to come to school everyday/prizes like pencils, cookies, pizza party
- Make sure your child comes to school on time.
- Please read with your child every night. Students take home books 1-2 times a week.
- Remind students to use bathroom before school, during recess, lunch, and after school.
- Breakfast in the classroom.
Rules and Consequences (refer to link)
- Homework given on Monday to be turned in by Friday.
- Refer to Homework Rubric link.
- Homework should be done in pencil.
- Students need pencils, crayons, and quiet area to do homework each night.
Expectations for Kindergarten Students in Language Arts
- Students must know all 26 capital and lower case letters and sounds
- Be able to segment sounds and beginning sounds of words
- Be able to decode simple cvc words
- Read by sight 60 high frequency words (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple) Refer to link.
- Certificates for students who learn each set of 10 sight words.
- Be able to write simple sentences with correct capitalization and punctuation.
- Read kindergarten level books.
Expectations for Kindergarten Students in Math
- Know how to count from 1-100 orally.
- Write numbers 1-20.
- Number sense 1-20.
- Greater/Less than.
- Number identification 1-100.
- Shapes (plane and solid).
- Add and subtract to 10.
- Counting objects (left to right)
Thank you for coming to Back to School Night because together We can help your child succeed!